Crop of boils in head

I'm suffering with crop of boils ( pussy acne in head) from more than 15 years now, it develops like a crop dries by itself and a new crop grows, those are painful and itchy as well, my doctor prescribed DoxyDar it did work for a month or so...but never healed.

Doctor Answers (1) on Crop of boils in head

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
You are suffering from scalp folliciculitis. It is an infection of the hair roots. This is known to be a long term recurring disease. It is not the kind of infection that usually spreads from person to person but people who have it are more susceptible to repeated attacks of the infection. The only solution is taking antibiotics like doxycycline for several months. 3 to 6 months. You can then maintain with chlorhexidine or ketoconazole shampoos to prevent recurrence. The dose of antibiotics will be gradually reduced. Please meet me or your dermatologist and discuss about your problem in detail with them so you can be put on the best course of medicines for long term maintainence. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore