Cracking knee
I hear a cracking sound on my left knee when I take squats on regular basis. Is it due to lack of fluid in my knee? Should I continue taking squats?

Dr. Vinod Kumar A.C
Orthopedist 19 yrs exp Bangalore

cracking in knee on squatting at your a may be due to thigh muscle (quadriceps) weakness leading to mal tracking of patella bone, or may be old cartilage injury, if it is with mild pain may be due to ligaments injury, get evaluated once with orthopedic surgeon
Dr. Ajay Rao
Orthopedist 12 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi, if you get a cracking sound in your knee without pain or swelling it is harmless and common. Do consult ,if you have pain or swelling as it can be due to torn cartilage