Cough throat irritation

For the past 2 weeks i am having cough with throat irritation. Last week i went to an ENT and got some antibiotics for a course of 5 days which ended yesterday. Earlier i used to get yellow mucus along the cough, but now cough is there but no mucus. Only sometimes white mucus comes I am also feeling throat irritation and feel that there is some difficulty in swallowing. Please advise what to do. I sometimes smoke, but very less

Hi...., avoid smoking, as it will irritate your throat and aggravate the symptoms.... Drink fluids. Drink plenty of water to keep the throat moist and prevent dehydration. Try comforting foods and beverage. Warm liquids broth, caffeine-free tea or warm water with honey.... Gargle saltwater. A saltwater gargle of 1 teaspoon. Gargle the solution and then spit it out..... Consider lozenges. Lozenges can soothe a sore throat...Consider steam inhalation....