Cough producing mucus
I have recovered from cold recently. Now I have cough and I am getting light yellow colour mucus while coughing. What could be the reason

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore

Please consult a good ENT Specialist to examine your Ears, Nose & Throat and treat you for this infection accordingly
Dr. Harisha N L

Getting yellow colored sputum is suggestive of bacterial infection... You need to be examined clinically and antibiotics has to be started...reducing irritating stimuli that may provoke coughing. An upright or semi upright posture, such as sleeping with the head and shoulders raised, may decrease cough related to pharyngeal secretions...do warm saline gargling twice a day with OTC medication...Consult physician for antibiotics they will do the needful.