Cough, fever and chills

I had a fever on 28 Sept, Wednesday at night for the first time 102 degrees. I had lot of chills also. I saw the doctor on 29th Sept, Thursday and he told me that it's common cold. Doctor recommended 2 paracetamol every 8 hours for 5 days & 1 ibuprofen every 8 hours for 3 days. Even after taking medicines, the fever and chills continued until 2nd Oct. It lowered the temperature with the effect of paracetamol but only for 5 hours. Later the fever returns again. I had no fever between 3rd Oct to 5th Oct. 6th Oct, Thursday begins again cough and fever and chills. I went to the doctor and he prescribed amoxicillin 500mg every 8 hours for 7 days. Inhaler every 6 hours for 7 days with 2 puff. Even the fever continues until 9th Oct, Sunday morning. I am also having a bad dry cough. There is fever with much chills. And there is lot of perspiration after the fever. Coughing continues till today and I feel obstructed. I'm taking 1 paracetamol every 8 hours and Desloratadine at night. Pls advice.

Doctor Answers (4) on Cough, fever and chills

Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar Delhi | General Practitioner
1.Tab Pan 40 mg twice daily before meals.

2.Tab Augmentin 625 mg thrice daily after meals.

3.Tab Allegra M once at night after meals.

4.Syrup Ascoril LS 10 ml thrice daily.

5.Tab Dolo 650 mg as needed for fever and pain after meals.

6.Rest. Plenty of Soups. Warm water .

7. Warm saline Gargles thrice daily.

8. Steam inhalation thrice daily.

9. Cap vizylac twice daily after meals ( in case of loose stools).

10. Follow for 5 days and than re consult if necessary.

Fever with chill,cough , difficulty in breathing for 10 days unlikely to be viral.
You need to Consult experienced Physician .
Kindly don't delay...
Dr. Raman Kumar Ghaziabad | General Physician
It is unusual for viral fever to continue for 12 days - almost 2 weeks now. Get  Complete Hemogram, Urine Routine and Culture, X Ray Chest PA view. We also need to know Oxygen saturation (SPO2) which can be done at any emergency or equipped doctor's clinic. Get yourself examined by a good physician.
see a good physician for reviewing reports.
Do not ignore symptoms. Better visit an emergency room and get evaluated.
Dr. Shalini Kushwaha Delhi | General Physician
Hello. Are you feeling thirsty? How is your appetite? Do you have pain in chest while coughing? Revert back with answer for homoeopathic medicine. Till then drink lots of water. Don't eat cold food and drinks till you are ok.