Cough and fever
4 days ago I suddenly coughed for a while at night followed by body pain and fever in the next morning. Aftr taking CLAVAM 625 (amoxicillin, potassium clavulanate & clavulanic acid) and calpol, my fever is now controlled. Q1. Now, I am having gas problem followed by stomache upset and little vomitting tendency sometime. Q2. Do I have to take 10 tablets of Clavam antibiotic? At the time posting this I hv taken 5 tablets already. Thanks in advance.

Hello There. I can understand your concern. dive proper attention to your diet and drink lots of water. yes its very important that you complete the course as suggested by the doctor don't ever think of leaving it half way. you can take a tab. ondem once or twice a day half an hour before food for controlling your vomiting. best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.

Hello..... Antibiotics can cause gastritis , you should take them with protan pump inhibitors... Complete course of a antibiotic is usually recommend because incompetent course may lead to drug resistance .. Since your complaining of side effects you can stop it if you don't have fever now....