Cough and cold

Hi My baby is 2 years old and she is down with cough and cold. Can I give her orange and sweet lime juice during cold..? Also I see that she is getting cough atleast once in a month. I am giving her the prescribed syrup is thr anything else to prevent cold and cough. Please suggest. Thank you

Hello there. I can understand your concern. If she is having too much of these symptoms then you should consult a pediatrician regarding this. Just giving her symptomatic relief by medicines may not be enough. She might be having an infection which needs to be cleared. You can give her steam inhalations thrice a day and encourage her to drink a little warm water. Give her one tsp honey everyday. Give her a high protein diet and lots of fruits and vegetables. Avoid giving her oily and fried foods. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.