Corn on left foot

I have a corn on my left foot . will it be cured by applying corn cap ? Or should I visit the doctor ?? Attached the image of the corn

Doctor Answers (1) on Corn on left foot

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
On the foot corns and warts appear very similar. Corn is hardening of the skin due to pressure on one particular point. It is painful. But warts are viral infections that can spread to other parts of your foot or body. Corn cap contains salicylic acid which makes hard skin soft. This leads to peeling of the corn in some cases. However if it doesn't come out with a corn cap after 2 to 3 weeks it is better to get it removed. The problem with corn cap is that the salicylic acid also damages the normal skin around the corn and makes it soft n can cause deep injury. I would suggest you to try corn cap for some more time (about 10 days) and stop it if the skin is becoming too soft n peeling too much. You can gently scrape off the dead skin using an old toothbrush daily after you have a bath. It makes it easier for the acid to penetrate into deeper layers of the corn. If it is very painful getting it removed will cure the problem immediately. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore