Continuous whistle sound

From past couple of months I keep on hearing whistle type sound (the type of sound which we hear when a very loud cracker is exploded near to us), I am not able to sleep because of this sound as I am able to hear more of it in silence. What to do?

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otolaryngologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore

That is a sound that is generated inside the ear called Tinnitus. In a normally hearing person external sounds incident on the Eardrum is amplified almost 23x by the ear ossicles in the middle ear. this actually drowns out the internal ear sounds. if however their is anything affecting this amplification process, this sound becomes audible. The more severe your deafness, the louder the sounds! So, please consult an ENT Specialist locally to get your hearing evaluated and treated if possible or else use a good hearing aid to rehabilitate your hearing to drown out the tinnitus.
Dr. Sandeep Dachuri
ENT/ Otolaryngologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore
It is called TINNITUS. you need to consult a good ENT SURGEON. If it is one sided, get your hearing also checked by an Audiologist .