Continuous Fever

My mom is having fever for last 15 days . Had done blood check ups and even admitted her to hospital . She was discharged two days back. However she is still having fever between 100 to 102. Doctor tested her fro thyphoid dengue and malaria but she tested negative. Now she is on medi.catio n however she is allergic to medicine. There is also swelling on her liver doctor says it's chronic . please advise.

Dr. Pallavi Mehta
General Physician 6 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello Sir, Can you also check her liver function? If there is swelling in the liver,there might be some imbalances in her liver function. Such imbalances can cause prolonged fever. Also get her chest x Ray done in order to rule out any problems in her lungs. Also it will be better if you can share her reports I will be able to understand better.
Bhaskar R
Family Physician 4 yrs exp Bangalore
The differential diagnosis for fever this long is large. Hence it must be thoroughly investigated. Tuberculosis and extra intestinal amoebiasis must be ruled out. Kindly see a physician.
Repeat tests from other lab. Give only paracetamol for fever. Comlete rest and light diet plenty of fluids will help. It may be prolonged viral fever. Take 2nd opinion.