Continuous cough

My son is 8 months old and he has been coughing (mostly after feed) for more than 4/5 weeks now. It started with fever 5 weeks back which peaked till 101 degrees, but subsided in a day and he was back to normal. But he started coughing since then. We had consulted a pediatrician when he had fever and he advised us that he may get cough which will go away in a weeks time. She advised us to administer Crocin syrup when he had fever, but nothing during cough. it subside almost after 3 weeks. But my son had fever again for 2 days and this time the cough was slightly serious as he sometimes pukes his entire feed. It's been almost 2 weeks now and no signs of it subsiding. This time the pediatrician said there was a very mild trace of wheezing so she advised Asthalin syrup. He is on Asthalin for couple of days and it's not subsiding. The mucus has started coming out through nose, but is not appearing to be reducing. Couple of nights back there was discharge through his eyes.

Doctor Answers (3) on Continuous cough

The child is suffering from Pneumonia he needs Nebulization with Asthalin rather than syrup he is choking everything because of phlegm blocking the chest and suffocation which is also the reason
Dr. Kishan Kumar C Bangalore | Pediatrician
In view of eye infection, long duration of cough would give a course of azithromycin. If not subsiding would try inhalers.
Why don't you try nebulization? It may reduce those symptoms..