Constpation

I am suffering from chronic constipation for the past 4 years.i had a colonoscopy and blood tests done.doctor said it is a functional problem.my stool looks like sand grain deposited at the bottom and also i also see some food particles.wat could this mean?

Harisha N L

If you lack enough fiber in your diet, your stool can become stagnate, dry and hard. Increasing your fiber intake will help promote soft and bulky stool. Foods that are fiber-rich include beans, fruits, whole grains, beans and vegetables. Increase Liquids An inadequate amount of liquid in your diet can cause your stool to become dry and impacted. Drink plenty of water, fruit juice, herbal tea and soup broth..Don’t force or push too hard or you may develop complications, such as hemorrhoids...consult nearest surgeon they will do the needful.