Constipation in pregnancy

Am in 9th month and facing too much of constipation problem these days! Am drinking lot of water. Sometimes even after taking DUPHALAC SYRUP 15ml ( once in night only)I am not able to pass the stool. Need to put lot of pressure while passing stool. Pls suggest with some home remedies or anything that wil help me..

Harisha N L

Hi there....I understand your concern... Pregnant uterus apply pressure on rectum which is close to uterus so constipation is common in pregnancy nothing much to worry...First of all you should start taking a high fibre diet, incorporate more of fruits, green leafy vegetables and salads in diet.. Drink plenty of water....You should always take walk after meals and follow daily workout regime....With that fallow relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation,avoid coffee, tea...continue duphalac syp..if no improvements consult physician.