Constipation 5yrs old boy
Three weeks before i had consulted pediatrician for constipation with little blood for my son. Doctor had prescribed smuth syrup for one month, suppository for 5 days alternatively. After two weeks of review, doctor had prescribed fibrogel powder for one month -two tsp in half glass of water. Last day my friend had cautioned that usage of medicines to kids will lead to depending on medicines always in future, which makes child unhealthy. Can u suggest me if i can give these medicine without any side effects or other issues in future. Is it safe to use fibrogel for my son who is only 5years. Is there any home remedies for constipation amd also proper toilet training.

Hi, Constipation is the children is due improper toilet training or food
Give him green leafy vegetables and fruits Give plenty of liquids/ water Fibre rich diet Toilet training, make him sit to pass stool and not standing. Reduce milk and biscuits Stool softener like Syr Duphalac
Hi! Constipated is common in children. Use medicine as prescriped by your pediatrician only till stools are normal. ( you can check on Bristol stool chart online and see what kind of stool child is passing) Constipation is a Long term problem. 1. Best would be dietary management (include fibre rich food,fruits vegetables, soaked prunes etc) 2. Oral liquids atkeast 1.5 litre per day If you are using medications for constipation after every month give a gap a week or two to see if stool normalises so that medicine can be stoppped.
Syp Duphalac 7.5ml once per day at night x 10 days Sucral Ano cream twice per day x 10 days Stop previous medicine
Urine Rm, T3 T4 TSH test
Start solid food , decrease the milk