Constant noise in ear

My grandmother has mild loss of hearing for the past few years.But recently she had started experiencing persistent noises in the ear drum.says It is like a constant wind is blowing and is loud. She has been using electone hearing aid for few years but they seem to be of no use.Please explain the problem and solution.

Mr. Pradeep V R
Audiologist 7 yrs exp Coimbatore

The report shows only Air Conduction values. No details about Bone Conduction and speech audiometry. Otoscope evaluation should be carried, to rule out any other problems in canal and tympanic membrane. Once if above tests are very clear it is easy to come for a conclusion. I advice you to meet an Audiologist to solve the problems. Any doubt feel free to contact. Thank you
Mr. T. Kannan
Audiologist 23 yrs exp Coimbatore
Noise in the ear is called tinnitus, is due to the hearing nerve stimulation in the absence of any real sound stimulation.remedy for this is to find out the location, cause of the hearing damage and treat accordingly.as per the reports attached it shows sensory and neural involvement.kindly consult an audioloist to find the location of the damage in the hearing pathway to proceed further. Thank you..