Constant hairfall

I have constant hair fall for past few months. I got my blood tests done for thyroid and other vitamins. Thyroid is normal and I am under vitamin D medication. I have been using Tresseme shampoo. Earlier I was using shampoo from wella professional. Can u pls suggest how to control hair fall??

Doctor Answers (1) on Constant hairfall

Thanks for the query. Hair fall treatment needs proper assessment to find the cause and to address it specifically. A trichoscan and trichogram are objective methods of assessment and is highy recommended, though it is difficult to find a clinic which offers that. Hair fall treatment consist of arresting the hair fall and subsequently adding density and improving the texture and quality. The treatment typically consists of topical lotion (Minoxidil) which is an essential component of therapy however small it may contribute. Other specific medications can be recommended based on the cause of hair loss. It also depends on the age of the patient and if planning for conception or not. Various issues need to be decided before initiating the treatment. The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist. You need to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. PRP needs multiple sessions roughly at 6 weeks intervals.