Constant dizziness,

Hello my mother was advised for mirtaz 30 and she is having it from 6 months now I feel the drug is effecting adverse . I felt swellowing near eyes and some rashes also low mood and headache . even dizziness is constant also it is noted that she feel more worried . even she feel restless and uneasy low in energy . I would like to know can I lower the dosage of Mirtaz 30 to half for first 10 days then 7.5 mg for next 10 days and again alterative day and stop it plz help me

Doctor Answers (1) on Constant dizziness,

Dr. Satish Ramaiah Bangalore | Psychiatrist
Hi

It does sound like Mirtaz has given some adverse effects to your mother. It would also be helpful to know the extent of benefits your mother has had with Mirtaz. It should be a balance of risk & benefits. Tapering Mirtaz as you are planning is ok, but I would recommend  review by a Psychiatrist before you do that, to prevent any deterioration in her mental health. May be she needs cross tapering of Mirtaz to another antidepressant.

Hope this is helpful.

Best wishes