cardiologist-icon

Consistent high BP

Suffering with high BP consistently for over 15 years now. The range is usually 200+ and 95+. With medicines taken twice a day ( telmisartine+ metaprolone) 50/40, it maintains to 175+ and 90+. Without taking medicines there are no symptoms observed now a days, it was only initially observed 15 years back when problem started. Have consulted many doctors , they seem helpless now as this is the best medicine they seem to have, which is also not very effective. Thus taking medicines have now become more of a occasional activity and not regular, since they don't seem to be effective. Can anything be done about it or leave it to situation, and wait for the consequence .... which is very scary.

Doctor Answers (1) on Consistent high BP

Dr. Ashish Srivastava Noida | Cardiologist
The medicines can still be optimized
Also a secondary cause of such elevated BP levels needs to be ruled out
You might be required to be on multiple anti hypertension medications
Please consult at my clinic with your previous medical records so that I can examine you clinically and guide you further
Dr Ashish Srivastava
General Physician and Clinical Cardiologist