Congestion in throat

Hi, My throat feels congested all the time. I cough out little white stones very often. Under medication condition improves a bit. Please let me know if a ct scan or any other diagnosis would help identify this recurring issue. Please respond, its urgent. Thanks.

Doctor Answers (3) on Congestion in throat

Dr. Pinaki Mazumder Kolkata | Otologist/ Neurotologist
Your condition is a completely harmless condition, regular gurgle and eating fruits will squeeze out the white particles from tonsillar crypts. We do not recommend surgery for this condition.If the look of the white spots bothers you ;you can go for tossllectomy operation which can be done with out paying a fortune.
Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | Otologist/ Neurotologist
That is a tonsillolith! Simply put, it is food like rice or sooji granules that get trapped in your tonsillar crypts! Over a period of time it rots and gets covered by white calcium tartar deposits forming the stones which if crushed forms a stinky paste! Best solution is to undergo LASER ASSISTED TONSILLAR RESURFACING where about 2-3mm of the surface of the tonsillar tissue is vapourised by the laser. The remaining tissue will have very narrow pits where food cannot be trapped and the heatof the laser kills off all the disease causing germs in the tonsillar remnant!
use this app to search for a good ENT Specialist who is equipped with and trained in using a SURGICAL LASER in your neighbourhood and fix up an instant appointment
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi I understand your concern... CT scan not necessary...Drink plenty of water,eat soft foods like cooked cereal, mashed potatoes, soft fruits, yogurt and soft-cooked eggs...give adequate rest to your body..Avoid spicy foods or acidic foods. Gargle with warm salt water...Consult nearest ent specialist for clinical examination they will do the needful.