Complete acl tear
I hurt my knee 6 month ago in an accident. That time xray, Dr. Gave some medicine. But since then had knee pain and started limping. So did mri. It says complete all tear and some other problems of ortho arthritis . Looking at my age, is it suggests to go for acl reconstruction operation or not ? Or should I look for knee replacement after some time ? I have continued knee pain

Dr. Pallavi Mehta
General Physician 6 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello Sir, If the disability to walk properly is causing stress to you, you can undergo the surgery as at 62 yrs, you can withstand the operation. Knee replacement is not indicated when there is ligament tear. If the bones are fine, you can avoid the knee replacement.