Cold running nose cough

My son has cold cough wheezing and running nose from past 11 days because of that he was not eating at all but demanding water in every hour which is unusual for him.so we visited a pediatrician he suggested tminic asthalin syrup and nebulizer but we are not giving him any nabulising as my baby don't feel comfortable with it. now he is better.he is eating satisfactory and active enough but even after 11 days running nose appears mostly at morning and evening. I want to tell you that I stopped giving him asthalin syrup but tminic I m giving him 2 times a day. pls tell me the solution of that much long running nose problem. and also I want know from last 2 times his normal cold and running nose is turning into wheeze which is very painful for him and for us also. he get restless, don't sleeps so might and also don't like to eat anything. pls give me suggestins. it is so painful for us to see him like this and also I m very scared to imagine if he gets cold again and if it turns to wheeze

Doctor Answers (2) on Cold running nose cough

Dr. Swati Dwivedi Agra | Pediatrician
Seems like allergic rhinits n allergic airway disease.. Put him on any levocetrizine and montelukast combination..for dose i wud need his weight..
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, sir simple common cold in children will progress to acute bronchitis since immunity is still maturing., this acute bronchitis is also a very common simple disease in adults, but since respiratory passage is very small in children this can lead to wheezing which is very troublesome for children and for parents to see. Well asthalin syrup dilates the respiratory passage and relieve wheezing symptomatically. And some children experience frequent respirator infection, it will go off as they age,, cleanliness and good fresh ventilation to be maintained in room. Asthalin syrup reduces wheeze and help the baby to sleep.