Cold cough fever

My two year son had running nose three days back.i consulted a doctor who advised maxtra syrup and I was told if it gets worse then start with Alex junior for cough and cold.the situation became worse the next day.he is coughing badly with regular intervals of fever above 100.its third day now.he is having bad cold cough and fever.i am giving Alex junior ,crocin and azithral but it's not working on him. there is no improvement.ill be grateful if a doctor would help.i am really stressed to see his condition

Doctor Answers (1) on Cold cough fever

It's always better to show the doctor again, who will change the medication according to the child's condition. If he's not available show someone else.
Most children who have a cold cough and fever probably have  a viral infection don't need antibiotics. They need Paracetamol for fever, nasal drops and steam will give relief for blocked nose and cough. Cough suppressants are used if the cough is persistent and severe . Bronchodilators are used if there is an element of allergy , or narrowing of air passages.