Cold and cough

I have cough and cold from 15 days.from 2 days i have blood mucus from my left nostril. Also i have left side pain in my head..i am taking ayurvedic cough syrup,steam...is there any serious issue? cold and cough occur to me frequently as it repeats within 2 months.. what to do?please help....

Doctor Answers (1) on Cold and cough

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. Recurrent cough and cold means that there is infective focus not treated or you are allergic...ii suggest you to take steam regularly atleast thrice a day.. Use plain otrivin or nasivion drops which contains normal saline... As far as blood in mucus..I suggest you not to worry as it might be due to repeated blowing of nose leading to trauma... Avoid doing that...drink lots of water..atleast 8-10 glasses per day..please consult a physician and also get a chest x Ray done as its quite a long time