Cold and cough
I have a 7 month old baby n I am still breastfeeding my kid. Are their any medication that I can take while I am breastfeeding?

Dr. Kuldeep Wagh
Gynecologist 13 yrs exp Pune

YES THERE ARE MEDICINES YOU CAN TAKE WHEN YOU ARE BREASTFEEDING. I WOULD ADVICE YOU TO STOP BREAST FEEDING BECAUSE IT WOULD BE DIFFICULT TO STOP IT AFTER 1 YEAR AS THE BABY WOULD DEVELOP A HABIT OF SUCKING. ALSO IT WOULD GET CALCIUM OUT OF YOUR BONES. AS NOW THE BABY IS HAVING TOP FEEDS SO YOU DONT NEED TO BREAST FEED IT
Dr. Veena Vidyasagar
Gynecologist 35 yrs exp Bangalore

Dear Practo user, It is better to be examined by a Doctor before starting any medication. If cough & cold are mild and without fever, it is better to adopt supportive measures like hot saline gargles. It is not advisable to suggest any medication without examination on this forum.