Clot in brain

Hello doctor, My mother (aged 57) was admitted few days back because of high blood pressure. Before this admission to hospital she was never on BP medication. She was diagnosed with accelerated hypertension. She is now on BP medication ( Stamlo 10mg and Telma 80 mg 1 each daily). A brain MRI was taken. Her report conclusion says that 1. Few discrete and confluent T2 and FLAIR hyperintensities noted in fronto parietal white matter bilaterally could represent chronic small vessel ischemic lesions. No acute infarct/parenchymal haemorrhage is noted on DWI/GRE. 2. Abnormal T2 hyperintensity noted involving the right mastoid air cells could represent mastoiditis. Even though she is on BP medication, her BP is fluctuating and she feels very weak when her BP rises. Can you please explain her condition? Is her MRI report serious?

Doctor Answers (1) on Clot in brain

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello...No there is no infarct or any sort of bleeding so whatever it is it is small ischaemic changes that might be normal at this age ...I don't think you need to worry about it but then mastoiditis can be taken into consideration and consulting ENT specialist once for opinion is good.... it's a common symptom to feel weak or get d on increase or decrease of Bp we need to monitor her blood pressure levels... thank you