Ciplar 10 mg

Dear Sir/madam my doctor prescribed me ciplar 10 mg I want know for what purpose this tablet when ever want to travel by train or by flight I am very scared and felling fear my palpitations is all so fast and all negative thinking upset me and that time my blood pressure is little bit high 142/90 Please help me out
views-icons 239 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Ciplar 10 mg

Hello.. propranolol is used for social anxiety or performance anxiety. U can take it 1-2 hrs before the event (stage performance or speech). It ll reduce ur anxiety levels (palpitations/raised bp).
Depending on symptom severity or percentage of improvement dose maybe increased or decreased.
Explain ur psychiatrist how much improvement noted aftr that drug if needed he ll change the doses
Dr. Indranil Saha Kolkata | Neuropsychiatrist
HI, The Generic Name of CIPLAR is Propranolol. It is a Beta Blocker used as antihypertensive. It has also various use in Thyrotoxicosis, Familial tremor, performance anxiety. So you can say it is a multipurpose medicine. In your case probably it has been used to reduce your palpitations and phobic anxiety. But I think there are better medicines than to take Propranolol. You can also go for Psychotherapy, Relaxation therapy, Biofeedback therapy.
Dr. Akshata Bhat Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Ciplar 10 mg is used to reduce anxiety; it also helps to reduce blood pressure. However the dose may not be adequate.
Talk to your physician and start an antihypertensive drug to reduce your blood pressure. There are significant risks associated with elevated blood pressure like stroke, heart attack etc. Get a thorough evaluation done with ECG.
Try meditation or yoga to help you relax. Indulge in enjoyable activities, and moderate exercise which is suitable for you.