Chronic severe neck pain

I am facing severe neck pain and stiffness from past 3 years. Have taken medicines, physiotherapy and other treatment but no relief.cervical dusc bulges with osteophytes were always diagnosed. Now, from past 10 days only I hv strted feeling pain and numbness in my hands and legs also.this is not constant and goes on and off. Also, I hv done with my ra factor, crp, ccp and hla b27 test twice, which all came out negative, but this time I had a raised esr which is 30. I donot know what is happening with me, sometimes I an pain free and sometimes I am in acute pain in whole body, arms and legs including ties and palm. This gas started just few days back only, earlier I was gavung only severe neck pain and stiffness and I was managing my job and gym. Just last week I was diagnosed with annular tear in mri. I have taken physiotherapy also abd oain in lower back gone. My vitamin d3 is 50 and b12 is normal. But I have not been able to know the exact reason of problem? Please help me ..pls

Doctor Answers (1) on Chronic severe neck pain

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there.... It is important to make sure that your head is not flexed forward and also that your back is not stooped when you are sitting and working. You should make sure you sit upright.... A firm supporting pillow seems to help some people when sleeping. Try not to use more than one pillow... Chronic neck pain is also sometimes associated with anxiety and depression which may also need to be treated.....