Chronic lower back pain
Hi! My friend had an injury due to an accident, 5 yrs ago. She applied some pain relief ointment..hoping pain will go. Now, the pain is very severe, her lower back muscles have become hard. She took physiotherapy and medicines but, phyisotherapy was not continued. She cant stand for a long time, it pains when she bends. What can be done now?
66 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Hitin Mathur
Orthopedic Surgeon 18 yrs exp Noida

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹400 for 24 hrs

Hi, this is Dr Mathur, Orthopaedic surgeon from Fortis C Doc Hospital New Delhi. Welcome to Practo. As far as your back is concerned, you will need to get some investigations to find the cause of your backache. Please get the following blood test fasting: Hb, TLC, DLC, ESR, vitamin D, uric acid, calcium, phosphorus, Alkaline phosphatase, HLA B27, Anti CCP and X Ray LS spine AP and Lateral views. Learn spinal extension exercises from a physiotherapist and do them 3 times a day for 20 minutes. Is the pain only confined to the back or it radiates down the leg as well? Any other Joint Paints? Any loss of weight or appetite? She can start some analgesics and muscle relaxants till the reports arrive. Revert back with investigation reports.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.