Chronic folliculitis
I am suffering from chronic folliculitis. I have consulted a dermatologist and took ampicillin and cloxacillin tablets. The medicine works , but as soon as i stop it the infection comes back. What should i do to prevent it from reoccuring.

Dr. Vijay Adhe
Dermatologist 10 yrs exp Pune
Hi You did not mention what body part is getting affected repeatedly. Chronic folliculitis is a stubborn infection of hair follicle and takes longer time for cure. You may need longer course of an antibiotic after pus culture. Visit a dermatologist again for same.