chest-icon

Chronic Cough & asthma

My mother has been suffering from chronic Cough with shortness of breath. It started with normal cold and the cough is there for last one month, she has tried benadryl cough syrup but has not been helpful. Whenever she has cough, it gets pretty long to cure, have consulted many doctors and medicine, has not been helpful. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
views-icons 45 Views 2 Shares Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Chronic Cough & asthma

Dr. Amruth Sindhu Bangalore | Pulmonologist
Hi. I understand your concerns. Asthma is chronic and a common problem causing symptoms. she will need to undergo a detailed examination and investigations like chest x ray to look for infection. If it is normal you will need to undergo pulmonary function test which is needed for diagnosis and also to assess severity of asthma based on which treatment can be started. Consult a pulmonologist for the same. if you are from bangalore you can consult me at my clinic at hebbal kempapura. Details are given in practo. Hope your questions were answered. thanks.
Dr. Pankaj K Bang Mumbai | Pulmonologist
Get a pft done and review with reports