Chronic Asthma
Hello, My mother is suffering from chronic asthma. She presently uses a rotohaler with asthalin rotocaps. She takes a tablet for every 3 hours.I have just placed an order for Omron C28 nebulizer because i have read it gives more relief. my mother used to take nebulization when she was 45 to 50 years. But stopped after that and completely relied on rotohaler. Now at 63 she cant travel everyday to hospital. What i want to ask is what type of medication should be used for the nebulizer. The name of the medication so that i can easily purchase it in any medical shop. Age of my mother: 63 Has asthma since she is 35

Dr. Amruth Sindhu
Pulmonologist 10 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi. I understand your concerns. Nebulisation is not the solution for her worsening symptoms. Probably her asthma is not under control and the cause for the same needs to be identified. Consult a pulmonologist for the same. if you are from bangalore you can consult me at my clinic at hebbal kempapura. Details are given in practo. Hope your questions were answered. Thanks.
Dr. G NALINI
Pulmonologist 2 yrs exp Hyderabad
For asthma, asthalin is only short acting relieving medication and not sufficient.she needs to use long acting controlling medication. We need to check her technique of using rotahaler.PFT is advised.Depending on severity and her technique of using device, she can continue or use inhaler with spacer device.Nebuliser can be used at the time of severe breathlessness.consult pulmonologist for prescription of medication