Chikungunya arthritis
I got fever on July 14 with multiple joint pain. And after a week fever subsided but left with severe arthritis and complete foot pain, and right hand pain. Have taken corticosteroid injection and hifenac-sr initially and now on 13-day oral steroids and HCQS 200. Today 9th day on steroids but no improvement in pain. The more I walk the worse it gets. If I take just pain killer it never reduces pain since the severity of pain is more. Tried to take ayurvedic medicine but couldn't bear the pain and switched back to regular meds. I am wondering what to do after the steroid course. I can't concentrate on anything and I had joined a new company but unable to go to office. Please suggest.

Get an RA factor,Uric acid levels,crp,esr done. You are on right treatment...any furthur modification needs investigations.

Would like to see your blood profile, to find out the reason for this unreasonable pain following fever!!! You are on good treatment what is recommended, I can only confirm after some more details. Am not a big fan of Ayurveda for acute problems, however I wouldn't stop if you believe in it.
Blood profiling and investigations:

Back injections for arthritis Medicine for arthritis Symptoms of chikungunya fever