Chicken pox scars on face

I had chickn pox in feb and as I was away from my home at that time due to picnic I thought those are boils which have occured due to heat.So the medication was started aftr 5-6 days for my pox . Till then they grew drastically on my face and skin. So now the scars are still there on my face n body. What cream or ointment is suggested for that?

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings.. You'll need skin lightening creams for a specified duration to reduce the dark marks , and this could also be dealt with chemical peeling. Also you must use a sunscreen to prevent darkening of the spots or pigmentation. For the pitted scars, creams may not work n you may need procedures like microneedling, microneedling rf, fractional lasers, prp or subscision or a combination of these. Punch excision works well for chicken pox scars. Send in snaps of your lesions/scars/ marks on follow up chat if you need further assistance. Or see a dermatologist near you and discuss the same with him. Hope this helps. Warm regards. Dr Govind Suresh Mittal