chest-icon

Chest pain after smoking

I started smoking occasionally 6 months ago and dont smoke more than 1 cig in a day unless in a social outing where the number can go up to 3-4 cigs. Recently i have encountered chest pain, specifically trachea. It goes away in a day or two if i don't smoke and returns when i do. could this be a more serious issue?

Doctor Answers (2) on Chest pain after smoking

Dr. Amruth Sindhu Bangalore | Pulmonologist
Hi. I understand your concerns. Even occasional smoking is harmful. So quit smoking before it causes more harm to you. You will also need to undergo a chest x ray to look for infection. Consult a pulmonologist for the same. Hope your questions were answered. Thanks
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello , pain in tracheal region is called throat pain . chest pain is pain in the area on both sides of sternum . You better quit smoking because habbit starts with one cigarett and gradually increases . You cannot quit when you completely get addicted to it. But one cigarettes will not cause chest pain . you might be having some other problem ,consult general physician.