Chest congestion

I had a cold a week back. My nose was blocked, throat was sore and I experienced pain while swallowing. I finished a 5-day course of azithral 500, signoflam, viscodyne and gargled with betadine regularly. All the symptoms are gone now. But when i sit under a fan or near the AC my throat is irritated, my nose is runny and my chest becomes congested and I cough out sputum occasionally. Should I consult an ENT specialist?
views-icons 67 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Chest congestion

doctor profile image
Dr. Pradeep Kumar Palakonda
10 yrs. of exp | Visakhapatnam | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
You have to see an ENT Surgeon. This situation happens when sputum gets retained in the respiratory system after an improperly treated infection.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
message icon Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?