Chest congestion

Hi, My Son frequently (once a month) suffers from cold and cough which leads to chest congestion and fever. My Doctor suggest the Flu vaccine which can help him from seasonal flus. Kindly suggest is the flu vaccine help the child from seasonal flus. Thanks.

Doctor Answers (1) on Chest congestion

Dr. D.Vidyasagar Hyderabad | Rhinologist
Flu vaccine will help . But it has to be given around the months of July and august before the season starts. Since the Flu or common cold is a viral infection and every year the strain of the infection can change! Pnemovac comes with 23 strains of virus and it helps to over come the infection caused with these strains. Children who are having enlarged tonsils and adenoids can also suffer with the same symptoms your child is having. A visit to an ENT surgeon to rule out the tonsils and adenoids will help. If your child is sleeping with mouth open and snores in the sleep then definitely take an ENT opinion.