cancer-icon

Chest and back Pain

I started having a pain in my back 3 months ago. Then it started paining in left side of the chest also which is like a stabbing pain. My eyes look infectious. I get fever sometimes. The pain is constant on the left side which sometimes become worst. I have consulted many doctors but reports like Chest X-ray Ct scan blood report and sonography all came normal. I am worried I have a Lung cancer stage I. I was smoking for 4 months after that I stopped. Please help me as I am not able to concentrate on my studies for last 4 months because of this pain.

Doctor Answers (1) on Chest and back Pain

Dr. Navya G Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there.. chest pain could be due to many reasons like chest muscle strain, esophagitis, esophageal spasm, gerd, gastritis.. or since you have fever associated , it could infection of lung like lrti, tb, lung abscess , pleural effusion.. it's not lung cancer, your too young for it and just 4months of smoking isn't enough to cause cancer... symptoms of many diseases over lap so please don't worry thinking negative.. quit smoking, get sputum examination and ecg done once.. if needed get endoscopy also done once.. consult nearby chest physician..