Cervical muscle spasm

Hi DR, I have cervical muscle spasm C3/C4 to C6/C7 Discs mild diffuse bulges impinging ventral thecal sac.. this is what they found in MRI. Could you please tell me how to treat this, am going for GYM and doc told that just simple exercises will heal this problem and no need to worry about that

Doctor Answers (2) on Cervical muscle spasm

Ms. Hetal J Kamdar Mumbai | Physiotherapist
U can go for traction to relieve pressure on nerves specific neck exercises to reduce pain spasm.u need to learn work ergonomics postural exercises.tc.
Hi.. ventral-opp. antirior to posterior.. Thecal sac is the outer covering of the spinal cord. This means there are bone spurs on the back of the spinal bones, putting pressure on or affecting the front part of the outer layer of the cervical spinal cord. Diffuse cervical bulge means a generalized disc bulge of one of spinal discs of the neck. This bulging material may contact or "pinch" the thecal sac or nerve roots. Some people may experience little to no discomfort, while others may have severe radicular pain, which travels to the shoulder blade, down the arm and into the hand or fingers. Some people may experience numbness and tingling of the arms and hands. Take ultrasound for 10 days.. PNF technic exercise for neck. Hope u get well soon. TC