Cervical cancer Vaccine

I recently heard about cervical cancer and its vaccine. I am married and we are planning to start a family by next month or so. Should I go for the vaccination ? Will it effect the baby ? And what if i get pregnant after 2 doses, is it safe to keep the 3rd dose pending till post pregnancy ?

Ideally females should get the vaccine before they become sexually active and exposed to HPV. Females who are sexually active may also benefit from vaccination, but they may get less benefit. This is because they may have already been exposed to one or more of the HPV types targeted by the vaccines. However, few sexually active young women are infected with all HPV types prevented by the vaccines, so most young women could still get protection by getting vaccinated... The vaccines are not recommended for pregnant women. A pregnant woman should not get any doses of either HPV vaccine until her pregnancy is completed...