CBCT YES OR NO?

I approached Clove Dental for complaint of toothache in 4,5 on the upper right teeth. They suggested RCT in both which has been done 4 times in each tooth. Now with and without the caps, the pain has increased. After so much efforts to continuously inform my increasing discomfort to Clove, they have asked me to get the CBCT done of the RCT treated teeth. Is it advisable n clinically necessary? Please do note that any x-rays or clinical history is unavailable as it was done at a private clinic. Also, the consultations undertaken were with the private practising Dentists, hence no documentation is available. I in no way want to retry RCT again for this teeth. It has repeatedly failed and added lots of unwanted harassment and increased discomfort and stress levels. Is CBCT required and clinically needed for further diagnosis?

Doctor Answers (3) on CBCT YES OR NO?

Dr. Govindaraj.S.J Bangalore | Implantologist
If your Root canal treatment as repeatedly failed, there is no point doing CBCT. A repeat RCT after several attempts will not help you any further. I sincerely feel you are better off extracting that tooth, rather then complicating it any further.
Dr. Arun Kant Delhi | Dentist
Root canal is painless and there should be no discomfort thereafter after completion of rct and full medicine course. If the problem still persisit then you may seek second advice from another Dentist as soon as possible. Proper diagnosis and execution should resolve your problem.
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, A root canal is done to eliminate that pain. The root canal procedure itself is painless. If you are feeling any pain it could be due to infection in that are, and CBCT is - 1.It is less expensive and involves a smaller system. 2. The X-ray beam is limited. 3. Accurate images are obtained. 4. The scan time is rapid. 5. A lower radiation dose is used. 6. The display modes are exclusive to dentofacial imaging. 7. There are fewer imaging artifacts. Which helps to see clearly lesions in that area. If you are not satisfied with that clinic please get second opinion from another dentist.