Catract Surgery

My Mother had right eye Cataract Surgery on 20-05-2016. upto 22/05/2016 she was having clear vision. Then, Her vision is blurred from 22/05/2016 evening onwards exactly after completion of 48 hours of operation. Immediately i contacted surgeon on 23/05/2016, he consulted with cornea specialist and informed that there is a swelling and given the hypersol-5 drops. Whether it will work to get the clear vision to my mother or not? kindly advise me its very urgent. Are any specialist i have to consult?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello 1. Corneal edema after surgery is common and not serious 2. How did edema start after 2 days?usually it starts on same day of surgery... Can you please send me her medical records Don't worry edema will subside in a week time

Hello . Well sometimes due to oedema it does happen...I think it should come down with the drops...it's better to consult the surgeon again and follow up with her ...I don't think you will require to consult any other specialist for this...thank you