Cataract surgery

Surgery required though my father has diabetes. So I have 3 questions: 1. What sugar level is considered good enough for cataract surgery ? 2. If cataract is 100% matured then what type surgery should be undertaken laser or manual ? 3. Who's best doctor in Pune for people who diabetes and cataract operation ? Do you have data on which doctor has highest success in Pune for these type of patients ? 4. Does going to Chennai's Sankara Netralaya suggested ?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello 1. My protocol is I will operate if fasting sugar level is constantly below 150mg/DL 2. Manual and laser procedure: both are good..laser is better 3. It's very simple surgery and any surgeon in pune will operate it 4. Going to SN,chennai...is wastage of money and time

Hello.... Blood sugar should be within normal range that's fasting blood glucose below 110 ... Otherwise doctor don't take them for surgery... Both laser and manual surgery is done ..doctor replace old lens with new lens ....I live in Bangalore so no idea on other state hospitals .