Cataract surgery

I have -10 myopia for both eye and a development of cataract is there..Had done barrage laser on 21st june and will be going for cataract surgery on 12th july..Doc says it is difficult to lower down this much of high power...he says we try to reach near by 1. Is it safe to do. I am scared n tensed from the results that will come in future

Doctor Answers (2) on Cataract surgery

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello Please don't worry U can ask for multifocal lens With multifocal lens you may get rid of glasses
Dr. Hetalkumar Yagnik Surat | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
It is not so that it's difficult to lower down myopia to zero.we are doing cataract surgery at our centre in myopia of 16, 20 numbers and it has reduced to zero post operatively. About safety, I would prefer to see patient after 21 days of laser barrage for effect of laser has come or not then will decide for surgery date.once proper laser is done then it is safe to go for surgery.