Cant lift right arm

My father is 67 years of age. From last 4-5 years he is facing problem in lifting his right hand. He can't lift his right hand above certain level. Even if he can lift it with the help of left hand, it falls abruptly once released. He says he doesn't feel any pain in arm or shoulder. However it is really affecting his daily routine. I feel sad about it. Please help

Doctor Answers (4) on Cant lift right arm

Dr. Sharath Kumar Bangalore | Rheumatologist
Hi. Sorry to her about our father. The symptoms I.e able to lift the shoulder with the other hand but then falls down abruptly is due to a tear in the rotator cuff muscles. You need to consult an orthopedician specifically a shoulder surgeon . One of the best shoulder surgeon that I know of is Dr Ravindra in Columbia Asia Whitefield. (Just returned from UK).
Dr. Anuradha Sharma Noida | Orthopedic Physiotherapist
Check ur all movement of shoulder it may be frozen shoulder and tk physiotherapy treatment if u r diabetic then it takes some time to cure physiotherapy best option for u
Dr. Rajiv Mehta Delhi | Physiotherapist
Supraspinatus tendinitis is a condition what gives symptoms like this which can be treated therapeutically visit a qualified and registered physiotherapist soon otherwise this will turn into periarthritic shoulder which is a very painful condition. Visit wwwdrrajivmehtacom to know more.
Hi ,if he is unable to lift associated with pain it may be due to adhesive capsulitis of shoulder more common in diabetics. If he has weakness and not associated with pain then he needs to be evaluated for motor weakness or tear in muscle of shoulder. Kind consult ortho surgeon