cancer-icon

Cancer of lukemia

My sister had a visit to a doctor for hematology yesterday and the doctor request to under go for blood transfusion and bone marrow. Is this can help to my sister condition? The doctor said she had a leukemia. What should we do because she is so thin and also malnurist and had big tummy due to her spleen?Her hemoglobin is 49? What can u suggest about my sister condition. I'm so worried about her.

Doctor Answers (2) on Cancer of lukemia

Dr. Shubham Jain Delhi | Surgical Oncologist
Please consult a medical oncologist
Dr. S.K.Gupta Bangalore | Hematologic Oncologist
There r different types of leukaemias r there, due to which their treatment is also different.  To know exactly the subtype of leukaemia, we have to certain blood and bone marrow tests, so kindly go ahead with this.   Regarding malnutrition status , obviously it affects outcome, but because of this don't deny initial Bm and blood transfusions.   Lot of advanced in recent year in hematological disorders r there .Thx