cancer-icon

Cancer fear

L am just 25-single.Since 3 months I am having right sided pelvic pain which radiates to lower back and leg.Also noticed blood tinged discharge between periods,which stopped after taking hormonal pills given by gynaecologist. I have had scans like USG,CT and MRI,latest being a month before.Nothing abnormal was detected except thickened endo in CT,which subsequently reduced on USG after the ct (as it was done after my periods).I have been to several doctors,but didn't get diagnosis. Currently taking hormonal pills to control the blood tinged discharge and going through pain management.If symptoms persist, then will have to undergo laparoscopy and hysteroscopy as per doctors after a month.My paternal side aunt passed away due to breast cancer.And my paternal side cousin (son of other aunt) is suffering with breast cancer.I read that ovarian cancer is related to breast cancer and is also difficult to diagnose.Due to this,I am scared and feel that,I might have it.Should I be worried?

Dr. Kaushal Yadav
Surgical Oncologist 10 yrs exp Gurgaon

Don't get scared. Please remain in follow up of your gynecologist so that if any problem can be detected earliest possible. your family history is significant but every abnormality is not related to cancer. So it its good that you remain in proper followup so that if any abnormalities it can be detected earliest possible