diabetes-icon
Can I still get diabetes
Can I still get diabetes at age 60? As non-of my family members have it, I am a sweet lover, are any chances of me suffering from it?

Dr. Narendra BS
You could get diabetes at any age and it may be less likely since you don't have a family history of diabetes, however please try and have sweets in moderation and follow a healthy eating pattern. The chances of getting diabetes in old age is there because of the progressive reduction in the body metabolic function and/or reduced pancreatic insulin secretion. Thank you!