Calcaneal spur

Calcaneal spur is detected through x-ray. Some more medical exam also have done as directed by dr.Currently three medicines is running i.e Tendocare, Evion-LC and Brutaflam (for pain). The soft sole 1 inch heal shoe is being used for 6 month. some exercise especially stressing the foot inwardly and outwardly is also being done as directed by Doctor in absence of pain. But after having some relief for couple of month the pain surrounding ankle in left feet is persist in aggravated form. The ankle swelled all the time. Walking became very difficult. As the pain persist exercise are not done now as per advice of doctor. When I approach to Doctor, he advice to inject in that position some steroid injection which I preferred to be avoid on fear of any negative symptom. what is the further treatment to get relieve from severe pain. please advice your valued observation.

Hello, A heel spur is a calcium deposit causing a bony protrusion on the underside of the heel bone. Steroids are given to subsides inflammation and there by pain in the ankle,but same condition repeat after you complete the course of steroids . Orthotic devices or shoes can be used . local application of ice relieves pain, In very rare cases surgical intervention may be required.