cancer-icon
CA on Tongue
My Dad was diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma n underwent 33 Radation and 5 chemo cycles with 40mg Cisplatin and doctors said it is controlled. he is still feeling pain and doctors are advising for 6 more chemo sessions. Please advice if it is ok for more sessions,he is 68 yrs, pls advise if Ayurvedic is best.

Dr. Sandeep Nayak
Gynecologic Oncologist 19 yrs exp Bangalore
Dear sir, I need to know the stage of the disease to begin with to advise you correctly. However, the best line of treatment for tongue cancer is surgery when feasible. As he has already received chemo and RT, the next line if chemo will not act well. Please get assessed by a cancer surgeon to assess the present stage. If the cancer surgeon says that surgery is impossible, then you need to consider other options like chemo.