Breathing problem

Hi, I've got a breathing problem which I get often. I wake up at night because of breathlessness and not able to sleep. Can you please help. Is it serious? Do I need to consult a doctor or is it normal to get this ? I have faced this for 4 times over a span of 1.5 years. I have gained much weight lately and have a change in lifestyle. Is it because of this? Thanks in advance.

Doctor Answers (2) on Breathing problem

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. I can understand your concern. do you smoke? if yes, then how much in a day? its always better to get your self examined once by a pulmonologist in person for further evaluation and management. tske steam inhalation thrice a day. also, loose some weight. best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Maybe due to allergy...Best treatment would be to find allergens causing symptoms and to avoid it...over the counter antihistaminics will be beneficial to you...Consult nearest allergy clinic for skin prick test and other modalities of investigations in which they will test you for various allergens and find out to what you are allergic...and they treat you with diluted doses of that allergen to desensitise your body to that allergen...good luck.